Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Italian Crusted Chicken

These last few posts have been few and far between! It seems like we've been avoiding the oven quite a bit lately by grilling a lot. We've also been at the lake for the past 5ish days, soooo no blogging for this gal. But don't worry, I'm back. This recipe is so incredibly easy to make. I feel like a bit of a broken record because I feel like I am always saying that every recipe is so easy. BUUUUT, most of them are! So anyway, quick, easy, moist, flavorful, crunchy, party-in-your-mouth chicken for you.

-1/4 c. Italian style cheese
-1/2 c.Italian Bread crumbs
-a spoonful of Fat free Sour Cream
-1 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast(s)
-seasoning of your choice, I used Lawry's Seasoning Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are using a large chicken breast, cut it in half. Rinse each half and pat dry with a paper towel. Mix the cheese, bread crumbs, and seasonings together in a shallow dish. Rub the chicken with the sour cream until it's covered. Then roll it in the bread crumb mixture until it's pretty heavily coated. I did all of this with my hands and it was much easier than trying to use forks and spoons or whatever else you want to try and use. That's why we have soap and water, right? Bake on a stone or a baking sheet for about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken pieces. If they're smaller, start checking around 20ish minutes.
This recipe is incredibly easy to convert into more servings, so don't be afraid of the "1 chicken breast" listed in the ingredients. I thought if I wrote it this way, it would be easier to multiply ingredients than to divide them and blah blah blah you're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment