Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Crockpot Smothered Steak or Chops

I've really been trying to use my crockpot more.. obviously :) I just love coming home to supper already done! I have tried this recipe with round steak and pork chops. Both were really good. I think Austin may have liked the steak better, but I guess it depends on personal preference!

-2 pork chops or 3 or 4 round steaks (the steaks we had were 4 in a package so that's what I used)
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1/2 packet of brown gravy mix

Put the meat in the crock pot. Pour the cream of chicken soup over it. Sprinkle the brown gravy mix over it all. Then I used a fork and just sort of flipped the pieces of meat a little bit so everything would be covered in the soup and gravy mix. Turn that crock pot on low and cook for about 4-6 hours. After it's done just take the meat out and stir the gravy. Spoon the gravy over the meat. Voila! How easy is that?! 

When I did this with the steak, I forgot to start it early enough. So I actually didn't start it until probably 4:00. I cooked it on high and it was done in about 2 1/2 hours. So do whatever suits you! I did the pork chops on low and they were so tender and delicious. I'd definitely recommend that for those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment