Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Okay, that name is a mouth full! So, the first pre-season game is tomorrow!! GO CHIEFS!! I didn't really plan on making anything that I felt would be blog worthy anytime soon, buuuut ya gotta have food while you're watching football, right?! Ok, well I think you do. I am also making stuffed peppers to munch on (they're on my blog if you'd like to make them too), along with some hot wings. Ahhh, love football food, as I call it. Anyway, it's like a rule that there has to be something sweet to eat as well (ugh, why can't I lose weight, haha!!). So I combined some of my favorites- chocolate and peanut butter- and put them in cookie form. I pretty much used my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and tweaked it to add in these other flavors. MAKE THESE!!

-2 1/2 sticks butter, softened 
-1 1/3 c. white sugar
-2/3 c. brown sugar
-2 eggs
-2 t. vanilla extract
-2 c. flour
-3/4 c. cocoa
-pinch of cinnamon
-1 t. salt
-1 t. baking soda
-1 c. peanut butter chips
-3/4 c. white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Stir the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Fold in chips. Bake for about 9 or 10 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack. (They will look like they aren't quite done yet, but they are! They firm up as they cool!)

I think they serve these for dinner in Heaven. Pretty sure.


Once again, GO CHIEFS!

No comments:

Post a Comment