Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Has it seriously been a month since I've posted on here?! Holy cow. Well I can at least say that we've been really busy lately. Trying to sell our house... trying to buy another one.. it makes for busy days! Anyway, we had a cold front come through the last few days so it was definitely time for some soup. I put this together today. It was great...obviously, that's why I'm sharing it!! I hadn't even taken my chicken breasts out to thaw before I put them in the crock pot, so that makes life even easier! They can be thawed, but they don't have to be.

-3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
-1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
-1 can original rotel
-1 can red enchilada sauce
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can black beans
-1 10 oz. pkg frozen corn or 1 can of corn
-1 t. ground cumin
-1 t. chili powder
-1 t. garlic powder
-1/2 t. black pepper


Stir all ingredients together, except chicken breasts, in the crock pot. Place chicken breasts in the crock pot. Let cook on low 6-7 hours (if chicken was frozen) or 5-6 hours (if thawed prior to putting in the crock pot). Take chicken breasts out and shred. Put chicken back in the crock pot for another hour at least. Serve with tortilla chips or fritos. Top with cheese, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment