Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Whopper Cake

Think Whopper candy, not Burger King! That was confusing for some ;-) I got this recipe from another blog- The Country Cook. Wish I could say it was my idea, but it wasn't! But, I did make it, and it was delicious! So now I'll share it with you all. I don't have any pictures of the process because I wasn't at my own house when I made this. With the 100+ degree heat we've been having for a while now, our poor air conditioner couldn't keep up and went out! So we had to obviously get a new one. But anyway, we went and stayed at my mom's so I made this cake there. I at least did get an end result picture though!

-1 box Milk Chocolate Cake mix
-3/4 c. Chocolate Malted Milk powder
-1 c. water
-1/2 c. oil
-3 eggs
Topping-
-1 tub Cool Whip
-3/4 c. Chocolate Malted Milk powder
-1 1/2 c. crushed Whoppers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix water, oil, and eggs together in a bowl. Add in cake mix and malted milk. Stir until combined. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely. Once cooled, stir Cool Whip and the remaining malted milk together. Spread on top of cake. Sprinkle with crushed whoppers. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate left overs.
*JUST AN FYI- the whoppers on top will become soft once the cake has been in the fridge. They get kind of caramely like. It's good, but if you like the crunch of whoppers, wait to top the cake until you're ready to serve. Or, top it with half the whoppers immediately and the other half right before serving. It's good no matter what, so don't worry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment