Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bean Dip

This is not the "7 layer bean dip" everyone and their mom makes. It's even simpler. All it is is refried beans, Rotel, and Velveeta Queso Blanco. I have developed a recent obsession with that cheese. That is all THANKS TO BRANDON for introducing us to that marvelous stuff! I made this bean dip for Bunco last night. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it after I made it, so you'll just have to make it for yourself to see what it looks like. I'm sure I'll be making it again though, so someday there will be a picture of it :-)

-1 can Refried Beans
-1 can Original Rotel
-1 bag (2 cups-ish) shredded Velveeta Queso Blanco Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix beans and rotel together in an oven safe bowl. **If you're like me and don't like the chunks in the rotel, blend it up before mixing it with the beans** Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. The cheese doesn't have to be melted all the way, if you're okay with stirring it into the bean dip. It doesn't look as "fancy" when you serve it, but it still tastes great! Serve with chips. Or put it in a burrito. Or a taco. Or whatever makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment