Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake for One

I saw a recipe for this on pinterest first. I think it was called Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake maybe..? Well I tried it, and it was not quite up to par for this gal. It was pretty flavorless and DRY!! So I tweaked it a little bit to suit my taste buds and here it is! I used a fairly good sized mug. I think if you make this in a normal size coffee cup, it may puff up over the top, which is fine. BUT, if you're going to be putting a scoop of ice cream on top, you need a bigger mug! Or, the cake actually scoops out of the cup very easily, so you could just plop it out into a bowl and top 'er with a scoop of ice cream. Okay, get to cookin!

-1 egg
-1/2 t. vanilla extract
-3 T. brown sugar
-1/4 c. flour
-1 T. butter, softened
-sprinkle of cinnamon (optional!)
-3 T. milk chocolate chips, or 2 T. milk chocolate chips with 1 T. peanut butter chips (you can do whatever chips you want, really!)
Beat egg in a mug. Mix in vanilla and brown sugar. Stir in flour and butter (and cinnamon, if you're using it). Fold in chips. Microwave 2 minutes. It'll be really hot at first so I'd let it cool a little bit before eating. ORRRRR, put a scoop of ice cream on top of it.

You could certainly experiment with your spices and baking chips. You could use a tablespoon each of milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips to get a little trip chocolate sort of thing going on. I also think using white chocolate chips with pumpkin pie spice would be delicious. If you do that, I'd up your pumpkin pie spice to probably  a 1/2 t. at least to get that flavor in there. If anybody tries those, let me know how they turn out!
before you microwave

I ate part of it so you all could see what the inside looks like. How nice am I?...



No comments:

Post a Comment