Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cheesy Chicken and Rice

The other day when I made Chicken Spaghetti, I went ahead and put a couple extra chicken breasts in the crock pot to cook. I knew I would probably want them later in the week for something. This recipe is so basic. You can get more creative with spices and stuff I'm sure. You can add a vegetable in it if you want, too. I make another variation of this recipe where I use Nature's Way Long Grain and Wild Rice instead of Instant Rice. When I do that, I actually make the rice according to the box directions, then mix it with a can of cream of chicken soup but I omit the oil. Everything else is the same except the baking time. I just keep it in the oven until the cheese is melted. Both ways are good. I actually like the Long Grain and Wild Rice way a little better, but the Instant Rice is much faster and simpler! Try 'em out and see what you think!

-1 c. instant rice
-1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
-2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
-3/4 c. shredded cheese (cheddar, casserole, fiesta, colby jack, pretty much whatever you want/have)
-salt/ pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry rice and soup together in an 11X7 or 8X8 pan. Stir in EVOO. Spread rice around pan evenly. Sprinkle salt and pepper on rice (you probably won't want much salt, just a sprinkle-ish). Put pieces of chicken on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment