Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Crunchy Peanut Butter Bites

I realize I have another recipe similar to these- Energy Bites. These are different in that they have a few more ingredients. I wanted to add the rice krispies for a little more crunch, the almonds to make them a little more filling, and the flax and the cinnamon for the health benefits. I was reading about the benefits of cinnamon, and I just HAD to include it in a recipe TODAY! So, you're welcome for making you a little healthier after eating one of these bites ;-)

-1/2 c. Crisp Rice Cereal
-1 c. Fiber One 80 Calorie Cereal, Honey Squares
-1 T. Ground Flax Seed (you could use the whole flax seeds instead if ya want!)
-1 t. cinnamon
-2 T. chopped almonds
-2/3- 3/4 c. peanut butter
-1/2 T. honey
Crush Fiber One cereal until it is in small crumbs. Do the same with the almonds. Combine both cereals, flax, cinnamon, and almonds together in a bowl. Add in peanut butter. Start with about 2/3 cup. You want it to be just enough to moisten all the dry ingredients. Add a little more if needed. Stir in honey. Squeeze "dough" into about 1.5 inch balls. Store in refrigerator. Makes 15 bites.
You can certainly add in more cinnamon if you love it as much as I do. The way this recipe is written is how I made them today. But after tasting them, I would probably add in a little more. Maybe even another teaspoon! You can taste the cinnamon in these fine, but if you're wanting a stronger cinnamon flavor, add a little more!
dry mixture
mixed with peanut butter and honey
Makes 15
up close and personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment