Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Spiced Chickpeas

Here is another healthy snack for you all to try! My mom told me about this recipe. I had never eaten a chickpea in my life before this. I didn't even know what they looked like to be honest...haha.. So I made these tonight, excited about having another healthy snack option. They were so good! I am truly impressed by these little garbanzo beans (garbanzo is kind of fun to say)!

-2 15 oz. cans chickpeas
-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
-1 t. each- sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili seasoning (or paprika or chili powder)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain, rinse, and towel dry chickpeas. Mix EVOO with spices in a bowl. Add chickpeas and stir to coat. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread seasoned chickpeas on parchment.

Before Baking
Look at all those spices...yummy!

Bake 20 minutes. Shake pan to turn peas. Bake another 20 minutes. Enjoy!!
After Baking
Up close and personal

No comments:

Post a Comment