Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Energy Bites


Sometimes ya just need a little something. I like to go workout after work, but I don't like to eat a whole meal right before and waiting until 8 or 8:30 to eat anything can be kinda tough sometimes. So, I decided to make these! The cereal is low calorie but has great nutritional value. The peanut butter is a tasty source of protein. The honey helps keep the bites together. The fact that I made them into bites makes them a quick and easy thing to grab on the go!
Ingredients
-1 c. Fiber One 80 Calorie Cereal- Honey Squares
-1/2 c. natural chunky peanut butter
-1 T. honey








Crush cereal in a ziploc bag to break it up a little.
Crushed cereal- doesn't have to be in crumbs!
 Mix cereal, peanut butter, and honey in a small bowl. I used my hands and just sort of squeezed it all together. Divide mix into 8 portions. Squeeze each portion into a compact ball. Store in refrigerator. Makes 8 bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment