Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Mint Chocolate Cupcakes

You all probably know of my chocolate/peanut butter obsession by now. Well, my husband likes it, but he loves mint and chocolate together. These cupcakes were right up his alley. I made my mom a Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Frosting last night. I decided to double my chocolate cake recipe to make multiple things. I used half for mom's cake, 1/4 for cupcakes, and the other 1/4 for my chocolate peanut butter cake bites. So anyway, I made a mint frosting to put on the cupcakes. They're pretty great. You could garnish them with mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate. Austin requested them with just the frosting so that's how they're pictured. But, you do whatever makes you happy!!
-3 c. powdered sugar
-2 sticks butter, softened
-2 t. Mint Extract
-1-2 T. heavy whipping cream
-1 drop green food coloring
Beat sugar and butter until it comes together. Then, whisk for 3 minutes until it gets really light and fluffy. Add mint and food coloring. Whisk for another minute. Add the cream a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Mint Chocolate Cupcake

Mom's Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment