Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blueberry Banana Pancakes

Ahhh, finally... pancakes I don't feel guilty about! Our nephew stayed the night last night, which means that I made a big breakfast for him and Austin this morning. They had blueberry waffles, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and fried and scrambled eggs- of course, a combination of those things. Anyway, let's not forget about my constant journey to lose weight. Lose weight = eat healthier. So, I made these blueberry banana pancakes up this morning. They are made with a pancake mix as a base so they are super easy. I didn't feel one bit guilty eating a couple of these this morning! Woot woot!


-1 c. Krusteaz Pancake Mix
-2/3 c. water
-1/2 c. blueberries, pureed
-1/2 banana, pureed
-1/2 c. ground flax seed
-1 t. vanilla extract
Mix pancake mix and water together first. Puree blueberries and banana in a food processor. You can use a blender too, but it may not become as smooth. Or, you can leave the blueberries and banana chunkier if you prefer them that way in your pancakes. Add blueberry-banana puree, flax, and vanilla to pancake mixture. Mix well. Cook on a griddle or in a skillet over medium heat. I got 8 3-4 inch pancakes from these amounts. You can eat these plain, but they're also really good with a thin layer of peanut butter on them! Having my peanut butter obsession, I HAD to have them that way :)
*You can probably use whatever kind of pancake mix you have/like. I would assume it would work. I like the Krusteaz brand quite a bit. You only have to add water, which makes them incredibly quick and easy. I know there are better pancake recipes out there than "Krusteaz Pancake Mix"...but it works for us! I added a little less water than what the bag called for. So if you use another brand, use less liquid. I was making way too many things at once this morning to get a picture of the ingredients. The flax I use is Hodgson Milled Flax Seed, fyi. You may also notice that these don't puff up as much as a normal pancake. THAT is normal for these! Remember they've got that blueberry and banana weight in them!
This is what the batter looks like. Kinda strange, yeah.
Plain and cooked

With peanut butter!! YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment