Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The First!

I created this blog to share recipes. I have people ask me for recipes a lot, so I thought this would be a good way to have them all in one place. I'm new to this so it may take me a while to catch on. I'll be adding recipes to the recipes section as often as I can. I will add pictures as I make different things! So, let's get started! With the title of my blog, it seems fitting for my first post to be a recipe for some delicious little pieces of heaven. I give you- Mozzarella Bites.


You will need:
-2 pieces of Light Mozzarella String Cheese
-1 egg, beaten
-1/3 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut each piece of string cheese into 4 pieces (in half, each half in half again).  Have the beaten egg in one dish and the bread crumbs in another. Dip each piece of cheese in the egg first and then the bread crumbs. Repeat on each one. Roll em around good to get them all covered in deliciousness! Bake on a cookie sheet or a stone (my preference) for about 12-15 minutes. Voila! They're ready to eat! They're extra good if you dip them in spaghetti sauce or marinara.

I"m sure these would be great if you deep fried them and/or used the original String Cheese, instead of the the Light. However, on my constant quest to lose weight, this is how I do them!
What you need


Before baking

After baking... a few exploded a little...still great though :)

YUM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment