Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites


These are definitely little bites of happiness! I made these for Austin's birthday, which is today! I love cake bites because of their versatility and ease. You can do so many different flavor combinations. They are easy to take places. You don't have to worry about forks, spoons, knives, etc. SOOOO easy! So please, give em a try! I used my Chocolate Cake recipe and my Peanut Butter Frosting/Filling   recipe to make these (found under the recipes tab). I baked the cake in a 9X13 pan. While the cake is baking, make the frosting. For these cake bites, I made the peanut butter filling (it has more cream so it is a little thinner). When cake is done, let it cool about 30 minutes. Crumble the cake in a bowl. Add the entire batch of peanut butter filling. Mix together until all the cake is moistened. Roll into 1 inch balls. Freeze in a container on wax paper for at least 1 hour. Doo da doo...getting hungry for them....ok, times up. Melt 1/2 package of Chocolate Almond Bark according to package directions. *You will probably end up melting the whole package, but if you do 1/2 at a time it won't set up too quickly.* Dip the balls in the chocolate. Slide a fork underneath to get them out. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Let set up on wax paper. Repeat with all balls. Drizzle with white Almond Bark to make them look prettier :) Enjoy these bad boys!

P.S. Put a lollipop stick in these to make them cake pops! You can do it at the end, but you might have flat bottoms then. I would suggest putting them on a stick and then dipping them. When I made them before, I stuck the sticks in a piece of styrofoam to let them set up and dry. Oh, the possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. these truly are little bites of heaven. I have never had a cake bite that was so smooth and creamy. Wonderful and evil at the same time! yum!

    ReplyDelete