Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken Pesto Pasta

This is one of the easiest meals that you can just throw together quickly!! I finally made Austin his birthday dinner tonight- fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn.
Looks delicious huh? Yeah well, this isn't a "cheat day" for me, so I made myself something a little better/healthier. It's not as healthy as a head of lettuce, but it's not a mound of potatoes, butter, and cream either. So these measurements are for one person. If you're making this for more than just yourself, increase your ingredient amounts.
-meat from 1 chicken breast; baked, grilled, or boiled
-1 serving (2 oz.) whole wheat thin spaghetti
-about 2 T. Classico Traditional Basil Pesto
-a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
Boil the pasta until it's done, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces. Strain water off pasta. Stir pesto in with noodles. Add in chicken. Stir all together until the chicken is coated in the pesto, too. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. 
I realize that is not the best photo of a meal. I was too hungry to keep trying to get a perfect shot. :) Guess you'll just have to make this for yourself to really see what it looks like! haha. This meal was actually easier than my recipe led on. I had bought a baked chicken breast from Dillons and decided to use the meat from that in this recipe. I just tore it off the bone and away from the skin. All I truly had to do as far as "cooking", was boil the noodles. So voila, life just got easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment