Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spaghetti Pie

This was definitely an experimental thing. Experiment turned out awwwesome! Why not combine two of my favorite things (not chocolate and peanut butter this time)- spaghetti and pie. Sounds creepy when I put it like that. Does spaghetti and pie crust sound better? I don't know, probably not. But it was amazing and oh, so easy! Gotta love that. It's pretty much a spaghetti meat mixture stuffed inside a -non-sweetened pie crust. Kind of like a pot pie, but different ;-)

-1 lb. ground beef
-2 c. spaghetti sauce (use your own or use a pre-made one.. I love Ragu Traditional.)
-1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
-1/4 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
-pie crust- try my homemade one! It's easy peasy. I made it over a lunch hour one day. You can also use a refrigerated crust though if you're incredibly pressed for time.
These are the pans I used
Brown hamburger in a large skillet. While hamburger is cooking, start rolling out your pie crust. How you roll out your crust depends on how you plan on baking it. If you want to make one big pie (in a pie plate or regular springform pan), divide dough in half and roll out onto a floured surface. If you want to make individual pies, use smaller portions to roll out at a time. I used about a half cup of dough at a time. I baked mine in mini springform pans. So, roll your dough out according to how you're going to make your pie(s). Spray your pans with some non-stick cooking spray. Put pie crust in pans. Use your hands to press the dough on the bottoms and sides. Perfection not required.
 If you have grease in your hamburger skillet, drain it off. Add spaghetti sauce and cheeses. Stir until all combined.
Meat Mixture
Fill crusts with  meat mixture. There were 4 pans in the set of mini springform pans I bought, so that's how many I made. They were pretty full with the meat divided evenly. Cover with another crust, or however you prefer. I tried 2 different ways, just for fun.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until top crust is lightly golden. Like I said, this was experimental...when I do this again I will probably up my temperature to 400 or 425 to see if I can get them baked in less time. Serve these with a salad or a veggie if ya want!


No comments:

Post a Comment