Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cheesy Surprise Biscuits

These were a totally random thing I decided to make. I was having a little carb craving. I love my carbs most when they're swimming in butter and cheese. Okay, these don't "swim" in butter and cheese, but they are delicious. Super easy to make. Austin loved them, and he isn't a big fan of biscuits! *happy dance happy dance* I didn't take a a picture of the ingredients for the simple fact that these were a last minute, throw together, sort of thing. I'm sure everyone is familiar with these ingredients though! If not, it's time you become best friends.

-1 package Flaky Layers Biscuits (I used Great Value brand, and they were great)
-2 T. butter, melted (I used butter from a tub for these, but either will work great on this recipe)
-1/2 t. garlic powder
-cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide each biscuit in half. They don't have to be perfectly in half- just pull them apart into two pieces! Mix melted butter and garlic powder together in a little dish. Brush half of the biscuits with melted butter. Sprinkle each buttered piece with a little cheddar cheese. Put the non-buttered halves on top of the buttery/cheesy halves. Brush the tops with the melted butter. Bake on a baking sheet for about 12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown. Try not to eat all 8 of them. Or, go for it! ;-)
Cheesy Biscuit half, plain half

Happy marriage of dough, cheese, and butter

Baked

Cheesy surprise in the middle! YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment