Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Chocolate / Peanut Butter Obsession

I love chocolate and peanut butter together. Seriously, one of the best inventions ever. Maybe, THE best. So I've been trying to think of different ways to get that combo "fix" without blowing my whole diet... Just thought I'd share a couple of my ideas, just in case any of you are in the same boat.
*1/2 cup of Peanut Butter Cheerios + 1/2 cup of Chocolate Cheerios in a bag mixed together
*Thin layer of peanut butter + a thin layer of Nutella on a graham cracker (cinnamon is my fave)
*Sugar free, fat free instant chocolate pudding with a little peanut butter mixed in
*Dipping a cinnamon graham cracker into the chocolate pudding (little strange, I know)
*Any 100 calorie packs involving the beautiful union
*My most recent little treat is from 2 ideas on Pinterest that I combined (God bless Pinterest). I saw the idea of combining a box of Angel Food Cake Mix with another box of cake mix and making little individual cakes. So I mixed Angel Food Cake Mix with Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. Once mixed, combine 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water in a little dish or ramekin. Microwave for 1 minute. So, you can eat it just like that, buuuuuut if you feel the need to make it just a little more indulgent, try this. Mix 1 tablespoon Fat Free Cool Whip with 1 teaspoon of PB2. Then just spread it on top of the cake while it's still warm. Yummo!
*For those of you who are not familiar with PB2, it is a powdered peanut butter. It has waaaaay less calories and fat, but still has quite a bit of fiber and protein. BONUS! I don't think it tastes amazing enough to replace my lovely Jif, but I like that I can use it in situations like this one. I know people who do use it instead of regular peanut butter though!
*If any of you have any chocolate / peanut butter combos you want to share with me, please do! I love new ideas!

2 comments:

  1. How about those yummy chocolate treats you made one Christmas ....had to be kept in the fridge...or freezer ? And I think it was peanut butter too !!! ??? Also your father in law...the other Mr.Baker....... said you should put the Molasses cookie recipe on here ;) Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese's Wannabes! I'll get em on here, along with the Molasses Cookies :)

    ReplyDelete