Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kale Chips

On my endeavor to be healthier, I've been trying to find snacks that have a few more nutrients. I have to thank my mom for this recipe! I am able to trick my brain into thinking that these crunchy little things are like potato chips. Woot woot!
-A bundle of Kale
-1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Tear off all the leafy part of the kale and put it into a bowl. Try not to get the stem part in there, otherwise it will be kinda chewy. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the EVOO and stir to coat all of the kale. Spread it onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for about 10 minutes or until kale is crunchy. You can eat it right away or store it in a ziploc bag. I've eaten it several days later, and it stays crispy!! *If you don't want to make the whole bundle, do about a third and use closer to 1 teaspoon of EVOO.* You can also sprinkle other spices on it for different flavors. I've done cayenne pepper to give it some kick, and it was pretty good!
Before baking

After baking






No comments:

Post a Comment