Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole

I think most people like tater tot casserole... If you don't like this exact version, you can probably tweak it to your liking! I remember the first time I was wanting to make it, I wasn't sure how. I mean, it seemed like such a simple concept, I just didn't know exactly what goes into it or if there were any secret ingredients or something. Turns out, no secret ingredients! So I realize this is nothing fancy, but it is a very "real life" type or recipe. You can throw this together quickly after work and it goes a long way as far as servings!

-1 lb. ground beef
-1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
-1 can green beans
-salt, pepper, or other seasoning... I use Freddy's Seasoning because it is AMAAAAAZING!
-frozen tater tots
-shredded cheddar cheese, colby jack cheese, or fiesta style...whatever you want/have
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown hamburger. Drain off grease, if any. Mix in soup. Season to taste. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Strain green beans and pour on top of meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese until evenly covered (as much or little as you like). Cover with tater tots. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tater tots are crisp and done.
**You will notice that I made this in a square pan instead of a 9X13. I did it that way because we just didn't need that big of a pan! So I still browned a pound of hamburger and still added a whole can of cream of chicken soup. When I poured it into the pan, I only put about half of it in there and saved the other half for something else this week :) I also used a small can of green beans instead of a "regular" size. You could certainly still use the whole pound of meat- your casserole will just be meatier! Nothin wrong with that :)

Hamburger + Soup

First Layer

Second Layer

mmmm cheese- Third Layer

Last Layer

Done!
Let's Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment