Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Skinny Chicken Burrito

This burrito was so quick and so easy to throw together. LOVE meals like that! Last night I had a piece of grilled chicken. It was pretty big so I cut it in half. I ate half last night and then I saved the other half for this purpose- a skinny version of a chicken burrito. I also made salsa (which you can find on my RECIPES page) this past weekend, so I also had some of that leftover to use. The tortillas I use are made by La Tortilla King- Smart and Delicious, Low Carb, High Fiber. Instead of grilled chicken, you could use a piece of baked chicken, chicken off of a rotisserie chicken, etc...

-1 low fat, low carb, low calorie (or whatever, just a healthier version!!) tortilla
-3/4 c.- 1 c. grilled chicken, cut up
-1/4 c. salsa
-1/4 c. shredded Mexican Style Cheese


The amount of chicken you use depends on how much filling you like in your burritos. I would suggest bulking it up for the simple fact that it IS chicken! Spread chicken onto tortilla. Spoon half of cheese and half of salsa on top of chicken. Roll up. Spread remaining salsa on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
**As I'm sitting here typing this, I'm thinking you could add some corn or black beans in this for a little more sustenance :)
Try it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment